Tuesday, August 18, 2015

So yeah... umm... Hi!

Hi. I'm EDS Dad.

Actually that's not quite right. I've spent a lot of time and energy NOT defining myself by the things I have wrong with me. So let me start over.

Hi! I'm Lizzie's Dad, Jared.

There. That's a happy place for me. If I'm going to define myself by something it should probably be by one of the most wonderful and amazing parts of my life. Since I'll be spending a lot of time on this blog talking about the not-so-wonderful things, let the foundation be stellar.

I'm starting this blog for a few reasons. One is that I simply miss writing. Two is the hope that I'll write in it enough to I'll gain a following and eventually achieve world fame, be able to quit my job and go on speaking tours in a custom airplane with seat cushions made from the fine-spun fleece of unborn baby clouds.

Hey, I said "hope".

But seriously... I am starting this blog for 3 reasons, or groups of reasons:

  • I have friends and family with EDS, and they need to know they're not alone and that someone with a talent for words is presenting us to the world in a fair, even and capable light.
  • I have friends and family that only know than that I blister easily from walking too much, always have scabs on my hands and arms and bruise like a ripe apricot... but have no clue about the underlying causes or conditions.
  • I have friends and family who have no idea that there's anything wrong with me at all... but should.

OK I guess that's really only one group: friends and family. And one final group: The EDS community. I have only recently really gotten close to this crazy bunch of misfit gimps and I have to say they're a hoot, they're incredibly supportive and I feel like my little writing project here is my way of giving back.

Still... if you're none-of-the-above (aka "the general public"), I invite you to come along for the ride... I'm a decent writer. I have something to say. And you will hopefully learn something. Maybe even LOTS of somethings!

I will try to keep it light. It won't always be light. I will try to keep it entertaining. I hope sometimes I'll make you cry. I will always be honest, and sometimes too honest. I will do my best to make this something worth reading. And something you want to read... something you look forward to catching up on once or twice a month, anyway.

So... I guess that's about it for this intro post. I'll be seeing you on my good days and bad as this story unfolds. There's a lot going on in my life right now, some great, some awesome and some truly horrendous and agonizing. So yeah... see you in the next post.

Laterz!

No comments:

Post a Comment